a week of solitude... and wrenching stomach issues.
I spent this week in the glorious town of Plainwell, Michigan. Not far from my humble abode on Glengarry but definitely not Kalamazoo. I was dogsitting for somebody I work with at art camp, just like I did last year. In fact it was actually at his house that my brother got the old blog site back up and working and I started blogging again, and had that not all been tossed away when he moved to Chicago and I had not gotten a new blog (here) then there would be evidence of this claim. In all honesty I should be quite happy all of those entries were lost, July and august could probably be safely classified as perhaps not the most shining and happy memories of my young 20 year life span. In fact, excluding the beginning of a new friendship (and the Olympics) I would have no problem giving those months a permanent spot on my plaque of please-forget-me memories. Well anywho, clearly I don't intend to well on that too much more here, just something that has clearly been on my mind a bit, being up there and by myself and whatnot. Oh and perhaps I should take back the Olympics comment, it was a bit shallow I suppose.
So moving on to the stooooomach. I have been basically hammock or couch ridden for the past couple days, which by all means is not a bad thing, but it has not been a pleasant imprisonment by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, quite painful. If I wasn't wincing from stomach pain (which happened whenever I ate) I was so hungry it hurt. Not the best of situations, but it could have been worse.
Lindsey and I went to glazed over on Thursday and painted pottery like every domestic pair of girls should. I cant wait to go pick it up on Friday. We decided that, excluding the fact that the initial getting a guy to go there with you being tough, it would be a perfect date idea, as the second date is guaranteed, because you have to go pick up your pottery later on! Who knows, we had fun though, I'll have to put up pictures once we pick it up.
So all and all life is good. Perhaps a bit low-key and lack of crazily entertaining stories, but I feel that perhaps that is not a bad thing... I mean, clearly it wont be like that for much longer, so why not enjoy the peace while I can? What good has worrying ever done, after all?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home