real ids and such.
our first double blogging attempt:
I find it COMPLETELY necessary for both Ashley and me to say something about that night. Unfortunately we did not have it in us to blog on that exact night nor the night after, but I'd have to say, understandably so. Let me just say, this was one interesting weekend. Very interesting.
The weekend started probably on Thursday night when we began our search. Ashley may have started her search earlier, only because she had realized the possibilities earlier. The mission: find someone at the U of C who matched the following criteria: 1) was over 21 (clearly) and 2) looked kinda maybe looked like us if you squinted and half opened one eye while looking at their ID 3 feet away from you. We were clearly successful. Ashley obtained her ID from a 21 year old wonderwoman and then Ashley proceeded to fill in her eyebrows with eyeliner and mascara and then smile like a crackhead (not because wonderwoman actually is or looks like a crackhead, just because the picture is well, um, interesting looking). Ashley then continued on her quest of becoming wonderwoman by memorizing her name (and made up middle name), address, and the fact that she was 5'8", which she actually is. I then proceeded to call my wonderwoman who graciously let me borrow her ID for a night when I was supposed to be going out to dinner with her. So she's a doll. As a sidenote, I know surprisingly few Asians at this school.
So my ID looks nothing like me, Ashley's isn't exactly a striking resemblance, but definitely better than mine. I mean, Ashley told me to flare my nostrils when I gave the bouncer the ID to look like my picture. That's serious. Speaking of serious, if I keep detailing like this, it's going to be a serious blog. So we go to Bradley's...oh, of course not until after we stood in like for 15 minutes behind the crazy lady at Subway, but I'm sure Ashley will talk about that. At Bradley's, there are Kevin, Nate, and the lovely Jason. They were mixing some serious girly drinks which I politely declined, but I would have been happy with some mixed orange juice, cranberry juice, and squirt. But Bradley refused since I was missing a crucial ingredient. So we travel to the North Side and nobody wanted to listen to our mouse story. (we caught 3 MICE in one day in our apartment. OMG.) We happily arrive on the North Side and then happily watch the college grads play some drinking games and then finally head out to the bar at 8:30...yeah, 8:30. Ashley and I aren't really used to going out until 11:30ish. Actually, these days, Ashley and I aren't really used to going out at all this quarter, so nevermind. Bradley won a party at Used Cars and already couldn't remember where it was for some reason, but luckily, his friends did. Anyway, Ashley and I staggered ourselves so we weren't obvious. And then, WE GOT IN!!! I know I would have been happy with the night and could have gone home after that, as Ashley was too. Hilarious people, hilarious night. I've realized, that bars are frat parties. Everyone there is just 21, or older. People even dance on tables at bars. Like at psi u. So ashley and I threw some of that down too. We were clearly better than the other girls. But after one song, we had enough of that. Later on in the evening, we may have met the single most hilarious person (hilarious in his connection, well hilarious in other ways too) there is in life. [EDIT for privacy etiquette]. Andrew Alexander is pretty hilarious too. Whoa, I've been writing for a long time and I haven't mentioned that I heart Bradley yet...I really do. Continuing on, after awhile, we took a little drive down to Barleycorn's, very cool bar, but we had to check our coats to be able to go upstairs. Oh, and they were a little more observant of the fact that we didn't look at all like our ID's and asked for addresses, which, of course we knew, and the IDs weren't fake so we rocked...hard. Continuing on...So we checked our coats. We did some more dancing. We did some more talking with said hilarious people. We hearted Bradley some more. Then the bar decided to close at 1:45 so we stood in the street with the hilarious drunk people of Chicago. I heart hilarity. But at that point, I also hearted going home...and funnily enough, Ashley stayed behind to have a lovely conversation with a lovely person. Meanwhile, I may have had the most hilarious cab ride of my life. Jason inquired about the career options of a cab driver, and the joys of being one. Kevin talked. Nate didn't stop talking. And Bradley, well, he was able to hold an entire conversation at a virtually inaudible volume, while, I assume, a bit inebriated still. We arrive at the South Side and Bradley and the boys graciously walked me home, while serenading me with a song that I can't really remember right now, but it was hilarious. I do remember Jason getting ready for bed though on the way home (he was peeing on a tree) so he could just go to sleep when he got back to Bradley's I guess. Then I had some Chef Boyardee....yum. I thought about having some easy mac ready for miss marie, but I decided I'd wait for her so it wouldn't get cold. Miss Marie came home, we debriefed...and then had a slumber party. I personally couldn't get over the hilarity of the night, at all, hilarious. And seriously awesome. And it wasn't the last weekend that Ashley and I are going to spend together our second year. No it wasn't. And she's not leaving me in 3 days for home and eventually Italy. Nope.
I heart Bovens.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home